Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

More submaster pages

Daniel

I would like to have more than 9 submaster pages. It seems like the submaster display is able to show more than two digits judging from the size of the display.

I would like to be able to select some dimmer channels that I never want to include in my memories. For example: During programming I want the cracker to be active so I can see the light emitted from the fictures though I don't want the cracker to be included any of the memories. I want to control it live during the show instead.

I can't find a way to get the submaster faders to reload the chase, that is forcing to the chase to start at step one every time I use it instead of the step where I left it the last time I used it.

I would also like to program the chase to stop at the last step and not rerun.

What about adding some more moving effects than the four basic (h.line, v.line, circle and square) already included?

Best Regards,

Daniel Andersson

Sodermalm Church

Stockholm Sweden

Hi Daniel,

How many submaster pages would you like? The trouble is, if all the storage was given to submasters, there'd be none left for memories!

If you assign a fixture to control the cracker, rather than using one of the generic control channels, then by un-assigning and re-assigning that fixture after programming, you will clear out all the data stored for it in memories and submasters. Just another alternative to Al's suggestion!

1-shot (or more generally n-shot) chases are something we're thinking about for the future.

What additional movement effects would you find useful?

Paul.

When I talk about a cracker I mean a haze machine.

20 submaster pages would be nice but I don't know what that would do to the number of memories available. Is there some way to upgrade the memory in the FatFrog?

When it comes to the movement effects I've seen a lot of cool effects on the Azure. I don't know how many and how advanced effects the FatFrog hardware could possibly handle. One thing I lack on the FatFrog is the "spread" function.

As Daniel said the 'spread' function would be good, also a figure of 8 and some more diagonal shapes would be good.

With Subs it would be good as someone said elsewhere to be able to alter the chase speed live, also it would be very very very useful to be able to make a chase only affect one attribute of a specified fixture, this would open up worlds of opportunity for the frog.

• 3 weeks later...

I checked yesterday.

If you are not using Playback X you can alter the chase speed live as I described, with the addition of having to take the chase speed control 'through' the current programmed position to 'pick up' the speed. Playback X master must be at zero. This doesn't appear to affect other things on the board including other running chases.

Once you have picked up chase speed you can hit Enter hence releasing the Edit functions but retaining speed control for that chase. In essence it appears that chase speed is 'with' the last edited chase so you can always alter chase speed of last edited chase.

I agree that this doesn't solve any problems if you are using Playback X and is a bit of a work around!

Dave B

• 6 months later...
I would like to have more than 9 submaster pages. It seems like the submaster display is able to show more than two digits judging from the size of the display.

Frog Reference No 5366 - More Submaster Pages - to be reviewed.

I would like to be able to select some dimmer channels that I never want to include in my memories. For example: During programming I want the cracker to be active so I can see the light emitted from the fictures though I don't want the cracker to be included any of the memories. I want to control it live during the show instead .

See above postings for suggested solutions :D

I can't find a way to get the submaster faders to reload the chase, that is forcing to the chase to start at step one every time I use it instead of the step where I left it the last time I used it.

Frog Reference No 5412 - Forcing chases to start from step 1 each time they are output from submasters - to be reviewed.

I would also like to program the chase to stop at the last step and not rerun.

Frog Reference No 5241 - N shot chases allowing chases to run once only or a specified number of times - to be reviewed.

What about adding some more moving effects than the four basic (h.line, v.line, circle and square) already included?

The movement effect engine on the Frog desks was improved in Release 7 providing a much wider range of shapes (circles, ellipses, squares, rectangles, triangles, lines, figure of eight)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

When it comes to the movement effects I've seen a lot of cool effects on the Azure. I don't know how many and how advanced effects the FatFrog hardware could possibly handle. One thing I lack on the FatFrog is the "spread" function.

Movement Effect engine improved in Version 7.

The "spread" function in the form of fixture editing modes was also introduced in Version 7.

Bran Media | Myspace

• 10 months later...
Hi,

What version of the software is it that this live adjustment of the chase speed 'bug' appears in?

I'm guessing there's no way to make this 'bug' control the speed of all the chases running through the submasters, instead of just one?

Thanks,

Dave

I don't remember in which version this bug occurred or in which version it was fixed. I do remember however, that the bug appeared to give you live control of chase speed :) but could also result in the desk crashing :( , that is why it was fixed.

Live chase speed control is one of the functions we are looking to put in the next updates package for the Frog desks.

Bran Media | Myspace

• 1 month later...

richard wrote:

"As Daniel said the 'spread' function would be good, also a figure of 8 and some more diagonal shapes would be good.

With Subs it would be good as someone said elsewhere to be able to alter the chase speed live, also it would be very very very useful to be able to make a chase only affect one attribute of a specified fixture, this would open up worlds of opportunity for the frog."

Richard please try the fan function!!!!!! You can use it on ALL parameters of each fixture!!!!

i.e. set up a simple quad movement. you want it diagonal? okay! a "wavy" look? okay! :wink:

1: select the fixtures

2.choose the quad figure

3. give a Y size only

4. change parameter page and give a smooth speed

5. now all fixtures shoud move simultaniously

6. push and hold the POSITION Button scroll to FAN FIRST mode

7. release the button and choose the offset parameter.

8. by giving an offset the fixture should start to "delay" from each other.

9. Get back to the RELATIVE mode(Piont 6.)

10. give a little rotation.

11. now you should see a nice diagonal movement.

I hope this is of help.

Cheers sven

Sven Paulsen

Klangfarbe Vienna