Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Leap Frog And MAC 250+

MGG

Hello

I can't seem to get a smooth movement when using the FX engine on a Leap Frog and Mac 250+ with the speed set between 1 and 2 or -1 and -2. It causes a jump in the movement almost like it misses a step. It affects different fixtures and does seem to make difference what orientation the fixtures are rigged. I have tried different addresses , terminators , cables and opto isolators. It does improve if I make a chase and use the MOV sp setting to control the movement speed. When using a case controller it is fine.

Is it correct to say, the FX engine uses a tracking mode and a memory chase with movement speed setting uses vector mode?

If we use the FX engine then should we set the fixture to mode 2?

Has anyone else had smooth movement problems?

Mode 4 alows the use of both tracking and vector modes?

When using vector mode the calculations are done on the fixture?

Cheers

MGG

• 5 months later...
I can't seem to get a smooth movement when using the FX engine on a Leap Frog and Mac 250+ with the speed set between 1 and 2 or -1 and -2. It causes a jump in the movement almost like it misses a step. It affetcs different fixtures and does seem to make difference what orientation the fixtures are rigged. I have tried different addresses , terminators , cables and opto isolators. It does improve if I make a chase and use the MOV sp setting to control the movement speed. When using a case controller it is fine.

Is it correct to say, the FX engine uses a tracking mode and a memory chase with movement speed setting uses vector mode?

No, this is not correct - Whether generating fixture movement using the effects engine or using a position chase the desk calculates the final dmx values for the pan and tilt parameters of the relevant fixture(s) and sends out the data on the DMX as normal.

If we use the FX engine then should we set the fixture to mode 2?

What is different about mode 2 of the fixture ? - Please explain.

The FX engine, as I said purely calculates the DMX values; The MAC 250+ fixture will respond depending on how it has been setup which is independent of the desk.

Has anyone else had smooth movement problems?

Mode 4 allows the use of both tracking and vector modes?

When using vector mode the calculations are done on the fixture?

I don't know enough about this individual fixture type to comment on what effect this may have on the pan/tilt movement - however, I do know that the default value for the Pan/Tilt Speed is set to zero in modes 3 and 4. According to the Martin data I have this equates to 'tracking'.

Cheers

MGG

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace