Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Mambo Frog

Frog Genius

The mambo Frog description can be seen here.

The desk does have faders - submaster faders. There aren't any preset faders, as there are no desk channels as such, just fixtures. I.e. if you wanted to use some parcans, you would assign them as fixtures. The desk is aimed at clubs etc. There are also 48 SX buttons, which are basically faderless submasters.

You can't really put the mambo frog into a 'list' as such, because it's aimed at a different market to the main Frog range.

sp

Erm, is the mambo frog actually a board or what because in the brochure it says it doesnt have any faders? :? :? :?

Also where in the list does it go, If it starts FatFrog, Leapfrog, BullFrog etc

Damn dude... you're on the Z88 website already, how much trouble is it to check out the products section and take a look at the mambo yourself. I don't get why u guys are actually answering these questions.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

This hasn't got anything to do with understanding things or not. You're just way too lazy and don't want to find out things yourself. Thats why you're asking every question here instead of finding the information itself. Every question you asked until now is already answered in these forums or elsewhere on the Z88 website, so you could've just searched for the answer. But that doesn't seem to be part of your capabilities. Post some pictures of your shows here, I wonder how they look like.

Sorry for flaming if Z88 doesn't agree with my opinion, but I'm getting real tired of this guy.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

is the mambo frog actually a board or what because in the brochure it says it doesnt have any faders?

You don't have to have 'faders' (as in channel faders) on a lighting desk. On a Mambo Frog, you have 96 'fixtures', each of which can be assigned as a single dimmer channel, or as a more complex moving light. On desks such as the Illusion 500 and Frog 2, you don't have 'faders' either, you access your lights by typing in their numbers through command syntax e.g. 1 THRU 10 @ FULL.

Also where in the list does it go, If it starts FatFrog, Leapfrog, BullFrog etc

As others have said, the Mambo Frog was the last desk to join the Frog family before Frog 2, and doesn't really fit in any sort of order, since it is indeed aimed more at the club market.

Just a quick note on posting questions:

Whilst Zero 88 staff and other forum users are happy to answer genuine questions, it can be frustrating to see questions come up to which the answer could have easily been found by a quick search of the website/forum or a read through the manuals. It would be appreciated if all forum users could make at least a brief attempt to find the answer to their question by one of these means, before starting a new topic. Pointless posts will be removed in order to preserve these forums as a useful technical resource. Sorry, but you're not going to increase your forum rank by just adding 'LOL' or the like to the end of old topics :wink:

Thanks guys, now play nicely :D