Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Troubles with installing the desk software

Lagstorm

I have some troubles when I'm trying to update my desk software to the 4.0 version. I have burned the ISO to the cd. When I boot the desk, the menu with "Install desk OS and Install CO-processor firmware will show up normally. I click the install desk os and it starts to install them. After message "copying OS files begin the errors.

ERROR: Unable to create Showfile1

ERROR: Unable to create Showfile2

and so on...

The last error is Unable to create orig DeksRes1

After that it tells that the install is finished and you must reboot the disk.

I can update co-processor and lcd firmware. I just don't have the updated features. The version of the desk software stays in 3.0.8

What should I do?

• 1 month later...

Hi Lagstorm,

On 3 November we made an update to the installer for Version 4 software. It is called 4.0.0B and can be downloaded here. Functionally this is identical to version 4.0.0, the only change is to the installer to correct a problem found with the Compact Flash card in some desks.

If you haven't done so already, can you try downloading this version, burn a CD with it, and upgrade the desk again?

Let us know how you get on.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Still have the problem. How long should the formatting take?

In the first time when the errors (which doesn't appear anymore) came I continued the install and installed the new lcd and co-processor firmware. :oops: I think that could be the problem. It is trying to format something it is not ordered to or something like that. Just wild quess.

• 2 months later...

I tried to install an old operating system called Frog2_os0_0_0_sw3_0_0.zip to have a fresh startup. It installed with no problems. After that i tried to install the new operating system, but it still jams to the formatting disk screen. I have used the Deep Burner to make that ISO-file.

What is wrong with my desk? :(

• 2 weeks later...