Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

chases

giblet

Chases should be transferred onto submasters using the Transfer (with/no) Time button(s). Select the memory you wish to transfer, then press the relevant transfer button (with time takes the fade time of the memory, no time sets the time parameters to 0s) and select the submaster you wish to transfer the memory to. If you want the chase to run continuously, make sure you have set the 'Shots' parameter to 0.

To create moving light chases, simply program each step of the moving lights into a chase as you would with generics.

Peter

Peter Kirkup

if i set the shots to 0, the chase will run continuously. so how do i stop it once it is running.

The effects i am trying to create,

i have moving heads running a chase, then i want to randomly add a can chase for different periods of time. (not the same number of shots each time i run it).

Would the only way to stop this be to manually change the number of shots each time i run the chase?

A chase running from a submaster will stop when you bring the submaster fader back down to zero.

The brightness part of a chase will start again when you raise the submaster - the LTP channels (colour, beamshape and position) will start when the submaster fader is raised above the LTP trigger level.

Program two different chase memories (one for the cans, the other for the moving heads) Transfer the two memories onto submasters. You then have independent control over the running of the two chases :D

Hope that helps.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace