Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Bullfrog: Attributes On Submasters

littleboots

Hi,

I have created some colour palettes that include both our Entours and washes. When recording the palette all Entours and all washes were tagged. If I select just the washes then select the palette, the washes change - ditto for the Entours: So far, so good: I can be flexible with what fixtures change colour.

I am running a page of submasters with 6 subs each of intensity, position, beamshape and colour. I have selected my red colour palette (again with all Entours and all washes tagged) and then recorded that palette data to a submaster (colour att button then program). However, when I select this sub the colours change in all the fixtures that were tagged when the sub was plotted, regardless of which fixtures are selected.

So I have two questions:

One, what am I doing wrong?

Two, if I'm not doing anything wrong is there a way I can select colour atts using the subs but only changing the colour in the fixtures I have selected not the ones that were in the original palette? Surely I don't have to record two lots of colour atts onto the subs, one lot for spots and one lot for washes, do I?

I hope that's clear enough for someone to help me out :blink:

Nick

When you record fixture parameter data to a memory or a submaster - it is the tagged parameters that are recorded - regardless of what may be selected at the time of recording - this is the intended design.

Whatever data is recorded in the submaster will be played back when you raise the submaster fader. It is not possible to play back part of what is recorded on that sub.

Selecting fixtures and then raising a submaster does not determine what data is output from that submaster.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Think of a Submaster as a scene on a fader. When you bring the fader up, that scene is played back. The Submasters (and Memories) have no bearing on what fixtures are currently selected - they replay whichever channels are stored on them.

So yes, if you want to use Submasters, you do need two - one for the Entours in Red, another for the Wash's in Red.

I hope this clears things up.

Peter Kirkup