Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Two Way Progress Bar?

RW

I really like the progress bar (usefull when speading up and slowing down mems). I would like it if there was more details such as % compleate or even the time shown on the bar in incruments so that you can use the override to greater effect. Also some dark blue coloured desks on the market have a two way progress bar which I like as it shows up AND down times during a crossfade.

HARLOW COLLEGE Performing Arts.

As far as I remember, the progress bar shows the progress of the longest fade into the memory (ie progress to the completion of the transition when the outputs reach the programmed values in the memory).

Note: As well as the two intensity (brightness) fades (up and down) there are also potentially colour, beamshape and position fades going on if you are using moving lights.

So in theory there could be up to FIVE different fades in progress once you have triggered the memory, and each of these fades could have a different value.

Should we be displaying the progress of all these fades, just the intensity fades, or just the ones that are applicable ?

Just some food for thought :P

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

I think it should show the longest up and the longest down time so if the cue contains a slow colour fade and a slow dimmer fade then it would show the colour. I think that this is important not to show just the dimmer as when using LEDs and want to cross fade from Red to Blue, this will be shown even if there is no dimmer change.

As a second idea, each bar could be split into two, one for dimmer up (Green) and one for longest Attribute fade (Blue) on the UP times. The DOWN times could show dimmer down (red) and longest Atribute (Blue again?).

So would 'time points/markers' be able to be shown on the bar? Maybe to much info if all the secs and mins were shown but maybe 25% compleate, 50% compleate, 75% etc.

HARLOW COLLEGE Performing Arts.

Just to clarify the various fade times for memories ...

Only the Brightness / Intensity / Dimmer channels are subject to the Intensity Fade Up OR the Intensity Fade Down time. If a channel is going from a higher value to a lower value it will do so in the Fade Down time; If a channel is going from a lower value to a higher value it will do so in the Fade Up time;

There is only ONE colour fade time (being an LTP parameter there is no concept of 'up' or 'down' as such). Colour channels will fade from their current value to their new value in the Colour Fade time.

There is only ONE beamshape fade time (being an LTP parameter there is no concept of 'up' or 'down' as such). Beamshape channels will fade from their current value to their new value in the Beamshape Fade time.

There is only ONE position fade time (being an LTP parameter there is no concept of 'up' or 'down' as such). Position channels will fade from their current value to their new value in the Position Fade time.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace