Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

how to copy the memory "--"

daaave

Hello,

I would need a few black out cue in a show.

My problem is I can't copy the cue --.

When copy is pressed I am asked for the source and destination, but "0" or "00" doesn't exist and the "-" sign can not be entered.

Another weirdness about this cue -- is that when I output it and display the source it says M654.2

Best regards

David

I would need a few black out cue in a show.

My problem is I can't copy the cue --.

When copy is pressed I am asked for the source and destination, but "0" or "00" doesn't exist and the "-" sign can not be entered.

It does appear that you cannot copy cue zero (--) at the moment. I don't see why this should be prevented and so it will be added to the list of suggestions for future software releases (Ref. LF-1967)

Note - As well as being a blackout cue it will also reset all the other fixture parameters to their default values (ie open white, no gobo, pan/tilt at 50% etc.)

Another weirdness about this cue -- is that when I output it and display the source it says M654.2

This is a known bug and will be fixed in a future version of the desk software (Ref. LF-1596).

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Copying memory zero is one way of programming blackout cues ... or would be if you could copy memory zero :P

However it is not the best solution, because it is rather clunky, and all the LTP parameters would be programmed at their home positions, thus introducing redundant moves and defeating move on dark in that blackout.

Try switching Smart tags on, then just hit the BLACKOUT button, or lower the GRAND MASTER fader, and then press record. Hey presto, quick blackout recorded which will allow move on dark :)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 4 weeks later...