Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Informations about version 6.0

Carl Ehrhardt

We've tested it on both old and new hardware for the Frog 2.

An update to the ZerOS remote app is currently going through Apple's app submission process. This same app will now give you the additional iPad remote desktop features.

And chw, you can still set a chase to accept a manual 'beat' that the desk will then learn, by double clicking in the comments column and changing the options in there.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking about something like pressing the beat button and use the submaster flash buttons to enter the beat.

Using mouse and keyboards is just "to slow" for me and you have to enter a bpm value - press a button with your finger is much easier.

I was thinking about something like pressing the beat button and use the submaster flash buttons to enter the beat ... press a button with your finger is much easier.

Yep - you can do this. You just need to change the chase drive to 'beat' instead of 'auto' and then the desk will learn the speed you tap the button at, instead of using the BPM speed.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply, but then its for all chases running on all submasters or if I use the step button of the memory section for all

chases running in the memory stack. Or is there something I didn't see?

Example:

Chase A Submaster 1

Chase B Submaster 2

Chase C Submaster 3

Chase....

All of them are set to "beat"

If I setp in a beat all of them are running with the same speed.

I think it could now be useful to be able to "step in" individual "beats" for all those Submaster chases.

Maybe you have some par cans in the back, they should change slowly and some moving stuff on stage that should be faster.

For pre-programmed shows it's not so important, but if it is a live performance and the band is not using any kind of set list -

for me that feature would be very useful. Unfortunately a lot of those "48 Dimmer channels and 24 Movingheaads" shows I'm doing are like that.