Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Stopping a chase

archie

Hi,

I use the Jester 24/48 in a music venue and regularly use the chases on scene memories and sub masters using the beat function that I set to the tempo of the song as the song is being played. The problems occur when I want to stop all the chases when there is a pause in the song or at the end of each song. As far as I'm aware the only way to do this is to 'grab' the speed of the chase with the speed pot and then return the speed to zero. I find this method a bit of a problem because if you overshoot, the chase will speed up and it just kinds of looks messy. Is there any way to use one of the buttons that are possibly redundant in run mode to function as a 'pause button' (or 'chase-stop' if pressed with shift? This would be extremely useful, I think.

Thankyou,

archie