Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Frog STMain1 - OS corrupt

Good morning,
I have a Frog STMain1. The battery was dead. The console wouldn't start.
After changing the battery (ni-mh 150 mah), the system starts by directly requesting a system update.
I had already changed the floppy drive to a USB adapter. It works because it allowed me to successfully update to 10.12.

But today there is a problem.
It downloads the update (100%), then reads it (100%), then announces "this disk is for a frog series desk only..."
It does not work with the update that worked 2 years ago, nor the one downloaded from the site today. Same version 10.12 for the 2 tests.

Issues :
- Does the STMain1 bios directly accept 10.12 after a total loss of the system? Or should I start by installing an earlier version (9.2 for example.. but impossible to find on the net!)
- Has the low battery corrupted something (rom???)

FYI: impossible to give you a serial number but on the motherboard, the control labels indicate "MAR 02" and on the ICs "Program D603" and "Program C404".
I found a photo before the 10.12 update: bios Version 1.0.1 4/4/2001 and Software Version 5.0.1 21/2/2002

Thank you.