Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Leap frog mother board

Renato

Hi @Renato

The support box only asked where a spare PCB could be obtained.

From the check sum error may be due to a flat internal battery, this may have corrupted setting. 

Battery on this version is a CR2032 coin cell, would start by checking that.

if you still have issue then please PM on the address in my signature.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

Zero 88 Support: support@zero88.com

It looks like you're using a GoTek Floppy Emulator on that desk - I'm not sure how the Zero firmware update calculates checksums but it might well be that the emulator isn't returning the correct values to create the checksum - so the routine will always fail :(

I would try a boot with a conventional floppy disk if you can find one - there's nothing special about the disk & if you're careful it needn't be screwed in to the chassis, you might get away with resting it on some cardboard alongside the mainboard (the cardboard is for insulation).

If you can get the Zero upgrade disk to boot and upgrade then you should be able to revert to using the GoTek for show files as you have been doing.

Ian Knight aka The Service Guy - www.serviceguy.co.uk

Looks better.

Desk ID is invalid - start the console again and see if this disappears (console re-wrote the desk ID).

Or some internal switches got moved?

@KWR88 will know the answer.

Keep posting info here, but @KWR88 said above to PM (private-message) him. You should be able to do that by clicking on his icon above or using the envelope icon at the top of the Forum.