Do not remove the covers without first completely disconnecting Betapack 4 from the mains supply.
Betapack 4 is designed to operate on 230VAC +10% -15% at 50-60Hz (auto sensing). The pack may not operate satisfactorily outside this specification.
The packs may be wired:
- Single Phase: 60A 1 phase 2-wire 230V (255V max phase to neutral) Earth leakage less than 1mA
- Three Phase Star: 20A 4-wire 230/380V (255V max phase to neutral) Earth leakage less than 1mA
- Three Phase Delta: 30A 3-wire 230V (255V max phase to phase) Earth leakage less than 4mA
- Max total load: 13.9kW @ 230V
- Load per channel: 0.1A Min; 10A Max
- No load consumption: 10W
- Rise Time: 80uS
- Triac Type: BTA40-600A/B
If used in conjunction with MCBs, to avoid nuisance tripping use high inrush current (Type K) MCBs.
The “dim” sockets allow for lighting loads which are resistive or inductive, including tungsten, transformer driven low voltage (e.g. pinspots), and quartz halogen. Electronic transformers plugged into the “dim” socket must be suitable for leading edge dimming.
Conforms to USITT DMX512-A (isolated).
One male and one female 5 pin XLR connector. DMX line is automatically terminated when the loop-through plug is not inserted.