Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Header memories

ice

The name field of the memories screen often is a bit too small. It would be nice if we could insert special "name" memories. These would be coloured name would contain only a name. You can't select them by scrolling, you can just alter the name by pressing F2->memories and entering Nx for a number. When you don't enter a name (or delete the current one) the memory will be deleted. Adding a name memory could done by pressing F2 and then press program.

Advantage: you can create groups of chases (gobo/colour etc) or groups of certain memories (for example scenes in a play) without losing name information....

It could look like this for instance:

N1 | Gobo chases

11 | full speed prism

12 | prism / open

13 | --

N2 | Colour chases

14 | red / blackout

15 | blue / yellow

16 | UV / red

etc...

or:

N1 | Scene 1

01 | Full stage

02 | Focus left

03 | Blue wash

04 | Black Out

N2 | Scene 2

05 | Full stage

06 | Song

07 | End

Just a suggestion, I think it would increase readability of the memories screen because the overview is much better when you've got lots of memories.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

i'd like to jump in and mention another idea here. I have mentioned it earlier, but i'd like to be able to color the memory name fields themselves. This would offer more overview of what is what. Say, gobochases could be made green, colorchases yellow, movement chases red. etc.

if one million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.

When you could select them with by scrolling you'd have to implement actions with the go button (or error-messages). Also when walking through the memory-stack you would hit those memories and have to advance manually to the next one, that doesn't work I think. The memories should only exist for what they're made for, and all other functions should just skip these mems.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

• 7 months later...