Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

New Frog 2 User

mbchunky

Hi There,

I am a FROG 2 begginner and I am using one for the first time next week.

It all seems pretty straight forward but I have a few questions which probably sound really stupid to you, but I am a little confused.

1) What is the easisest way to record a generic chase?

2) Can I save moving light positions on to the UDK'S? If so how do I do this? Or is it best to use the pallette's? again how would I do this

3) How can I save groups of generic fixtures to the UDF's i.e LX1 Fresnels, LX2 Fresnels ect.

One more thing..... is it best to use one of the cue stack faders per scene of my show, or could you essentially run a whole show off one cue stack, as I am not sure how this works when you start programming chases as am I right in thinking you can only have one chase on one cuse stack fader??

Thank you for your help, and sorry if they are stupid questions.

MBCHUNKY

1) Record the steps of the chase as separate cues in a cue stack and then turn the cue stack into a chase and adjust the modifiers as required.

2) You can save channel data directly onto a UDF or UDK. Channel data on a UDF acts very much like a submaster on the frog series.

Simply set up the position data you want in the programmer ensuring the required parameters are tagged and then enter the command RECORD <UDF>, where UDF is the flash button associated with the UDF you want to record.

Whether you choose to use UDFs, UDKs or palettes is really up to you. They can all be used as a method of outputting fixture data.

3) Select the fixtures that you want to be in the group and then enter the command RECORD GROUP N ENTER, where N is the group number.

To record the group onto a UDF simply enter the command: GROUP N RECORD <UDF>, where UDF is the flash button associated with the UDF you want to record.

see the relevant chapters of the Operating Manual for further details.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

An alternative answer for number 2 would be to use position palettes. In this case, set up your positions (in the Program Window), then press RECORD POSITION n ENTER. Now store the position onto the UDK using POSITION N RECORD <UDK>. Note that this position will apply to the currently selected fixture, whereas the channel data will apply to all fixtures it was recorded with.

Hope this helps.

Peter Kirkup