Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Touring With Fat Frog & Macs - Focus Points?

colinking

Hiya,

I am touring a show using a Fat Frog and a pair of Mac 500s. Now the Macs will be rigged in different locations as rigs in small theatres tend to be slightly different and wondered if there was a way of moving the position of the light so I didn't have to edit every cue with a Mac in it. My main problem is the angle the Mac is rigged on the bar (can be upto 90 degrees either CW or Counter Clockwise) and a bit less annoying is focus as it can be slightly different.

Have tried to hang more scaff in the right position but as Macs are heavy there has been an issue of not being able to do that in a few places, the points are not in the right place, sorry I don't rig on this tour, just program.

Someone told be there was something called Focus Points, but he didn't use Fat Frog, he is a Strand 520 geezer.

Much praise to anyone who can help.

Thank you

Colin

What you're talking about is Palettes. You can store Position, Colour and Beamshape palettes (upto 48 in version 10.8), to make touring easy.

What you need to do is every time you want to use a new position, instead of just storing the cue, store a position palette with the new position in it, then reference the Position Palette in the cue. To store a palette, hold down the attribute required and hold down a channel flash button until the LED comes on. To reference the palette, tap the channel flash button with the attribute button held down. Now record the cue as normal.

Then, when you replay the cue, the desk will go off and look up the palette reference for the position.

Now, when you move to a new venue, simply overwrite the position with the new position data (same way - hold down the attribute and channel flash button, then choose {Prm}) and voila all your cues will have updated :)

I hope this helps.

Peter Kirkup