Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Some general questions guys!

smythy75

hey, im new o the forum and jus wanna say hello to all!

i want some information on my lighting rig, what i have is, 12 power cans, 6 movers(robe colourspot 250at) jester ml 24.

i have all the power cans working fine and i patched channel 13 on the submaster b fader as mover number one which the dmx address is 240! on the number 13 fader i can rotate the mover, thats all i can do, what do i need to do to gain full control of this mover and the other 5? i cannot even get the bulb to turn on! i have choose the correct characteristic in the assign fixtures also!! thanks in advance for any help!

Pete!

thanks guys!

Hi Pete

To patch the fixtures, you must first assign them. To do this, go into the <Assign Fixtures> menu in Setup, then press on one of the multi function keys to the right of the main LCD. Then select the manufacturer and model of fixture you are using, and select <Assign>

Now you must patch that fixture to a DMX address. To do this, go to the <DMX Patch> menu and select the multi function key which you assigned the fixture to. Now select the DMX address field on the Main LCD and enter the address required using the MFKs.

Once you exit Setup, your fixture should move to 'Home' to show that it has been correctly assigned.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Peter Kirkup

First of all, press the HOME button - if the fixture profile is one in our master library, that should set it to 50/50 Pan & Tilt, Open Colour, Open Gobo, Full Brightness. Check also that the Grand Master fader is up, and that the LED in the Blackout button isn't flashing.

If that doesnt work, its worth investigating whether the fixture has a Shutter which is closed.

Also, is the fixtures lamp on internally. If not, you'll need to perform the Lamp On routine, which will be described in the user manual for the fixture. It'll be something like holding the Lmp/Res channel at a certain value for a couple of seconds. Alternatively there is normally also a menu option on the fixture to do this for you.

I hope this helps

Peter Kirkup