Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Chase without intensity

Kresten Bager

Hi all,

I was trying to program a chase with the Intensity at 0 and NOT tagged - just with some movement. But when I ran the chase nothing was being outputted.

I tried again with Smart Tag disabled and it worked - I got the movement without any Intensity.

Is this by design, that Smart Tag will exclude any parameter of a fixture with 0 intensity? I thought the feature was more of an easy way to include untagged fixtures - say from a submaster.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Kresten Bager

Kresten Bager

Polyteknisk Scenelys

www.scenelys.dk

I believe that the smart tag operation is behaving as designed. With smart tags switched ON - The desk sees that the fixtures are 'off' and therefore determines that it does not need to record them; similarly if the fixtures were 'on' and you programmed say a position chase, it would also record the intensity, colour etc to give the look that was on the stage at the time of programming.

Programming position only chases (or any other type of chases that do not include intensity) is something that the more experienced programmer might wish to do and as such it is recommended that you switch smart tags OFF. By referring to the Program Window, you can see what fixture parameters are tagged and know that only those parameters will be recorded into the chase.

Suggestion: If you program a submaster with just the intensity of the required fixtures, you can raise this sub to see the fixtures and then program the position only chase onto another sub.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace