Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Desk repeatedly crashed

Lxsparks

Hi,

I had an interesting fault last night while programming a show. Having to re-do a chase from scratch I deleted the existing memory which contained the chase and programme the first step. When I came to record the second step and select the "Turn current memory into a chase" button the system crashed. After rebooting the desk I found that the memory I was working on did contain the first programmed step and nothing seemed to have been affected. So I repeated the procedure - deleted the memory and reprogrammed it and again when it came to "Turn memory into a chase" it crashed! :blink:

I decided second time third time round to delete that particular memory again but this time add in a point cue and saved my chase there.

Very odd.

Matthew

Hi Matthew

A couple of things to check - first of all, are you running the latest versions on the desk (version 4.0.10 Operating system and Desk Software 4.2.15) - you can see this in Desk Information in Setup/Files

When the desk crashes, it generates a debug file which it'll ask you to save to a USB stick when you reboot. If you have any of these (called debug.dat) can you email them to me - pkirkup@zero88.com - and we'll have a look at them. A copy of the show file would also be useful.

Sorry to hear you've had problems with crashing,

Peter

Peter Kirkup