Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Continuing moving movers!

Lxsparks

Hi,

I have been programming a show which includes a number of Mac 500/600's and Highend X-Spots. I have a number of memories where the movers use the built in effects chases (Square, Circle, etc), however far in advance of getting to the programmed memories containing the effects the movers are already moving (sans-light). I assume that they are readying themselves but to have them bouncing around for 10 pointless minutes is distracting and (considering their age) noisy! Now I know I've missed something simple and can't literally put my finger on it on how to stop this. I have gone back and programmed cues where they are not on by loading the memory, changing the movers effects 'size' to 0 (which stops the pattern sequence) and updated and saved the edit. However as soon as I press clear they are back off again.

This doesn't happen if they are edited to have their lamp intensity up, they behave as I would expect.

I am sure there is a very simple solution and I'm missing the obvious, but it's been a long week and I can't think any more... :blink:

Matt

Hi Matt

The reason that the movers are presetting themselves is that you have Move On Dark enabled. This helps you by presetting all of your fixtures wherever possible, making your show run more smoothly.

In this situation you have a couple of options. Option #1 is to program the lights with a low intensity level in a couple of cues before they are needed doing the effect - therefore forcing the desk to preset to that low intensity (1% or so) instead of the effect cue.

Option #2 is to use the inbuilt macros "Don't Move Position" on each of the cues you want to prevent the auto-move happening on. This is found in the Comments column of the memories, under the Macros button.

Once you've done either of these, your show should be much quieter!

Hope this helps

Peter

Peter Kirkup

In the Memories screen, move to the right hand column (labelled Comments) and press Enter. If you have version 3.0 installed, you should have a button labelled Macro. Press that and you should see the Don't Move macros.

Hope this helps,

Ahhhhhhhh... I had missed there was another update out. I have been going through the release notes and love the new features listed and I am looking forward to trying them out. For my current production though I don't think I will risk upgrading the desk.

Thanks for your swift and excellent responses Peter (as always)! :D

Matthew