Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

faders and buttons

nsunier

Hi,

I've two passions in life: lighting and electronic design. I've worked several times with Zero88 products, in particular with the series Frog and Jester ML. I really love the feeling with the soft faders knobs and flash buttons of these products. Is it possible to know who's the manufacturer of these parts? If possible, I want to use the same kind of parts in a personal diy electronic design.

Many thanks for your understanding and your help.

Best regards,

Nathanael

Thank you Paul for the details.

When I look at the datasheet provided by the manufacturers of the components quoted in your last answer, there are several variants available. If possible, that would be very useful for me to get the exact type of the following components:

• push buttons
  • faders
  • fader caps
  • LCDs

Nathanael

Dear Sir,

Whilst we are glad that you like our products and want to use them as inspiration for your own projects, we have concerns about issuing detailed design information for current products. We have over time established good relationships with our authorised distributors and an understanding of trust which allows us to provide them with information so that they can assist our brand by servicing products locally. Many parts used in our products (such as LCDs and Wheels) are custom made for us and are not commercially available, our investment in these is part of the product and brand styling and is something we wish to protect.

If you wish to progress the matter further then we will need you to call the office and discuss this with Graham Eales - managing director of Zero 88. Sorry to seem rather negative about this, but we have to protect our Intellectual Property and focus our support efforts on our products rather than personal projects. I hope you will understand our position.

Kind Regards,

Peter Kirkup

Product Manager

Zero 88

Peter Kirkup