Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

submasters 10-24

King Tuts Engineer

When we first got this desk i used it with v1 of the software, submasters 13-24 were on the second layer. Then we installed 2, now you got 10-24 on multifunction keys. It was a bit odd at first but it was great to have those other submasters without having to switch page.

Well, now that we have moving lights which is also on the mullti function keys i really cant use the other submasters as i need to have palletes to hand so i can change gobos and colour and turn the beams of when required (our moving lights dont have dimmer channels, its either on or off via the gobo weel)

Would it be possible to have the option of returning the submasters to the way they were in v1?

Also, chase speeds seems a little sensitive, it only takes a little moving to have quite a big change in speed, especially at higher speeds. Showing the speed in bpm would nice too.

Oh i have also noticed that adjusting chase speed while a chase is running causes the chase to momenterily stop, which is annoying when you have to change the speed live and your movers suddenly stop and sometimes go back a little.

You can leave the multi function keys on submasters (press Page B ) so that the submaster page up/down controls are available. When you want to play a palette, hold down Colour, Beamshape or Position while you press the palette button. Then when you let go of Colour, Beamshape or Position, the multi function keys will revert automatically to submasters mode again.