Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Suggesting new features

SimonKeating

Hi all. Have just joined this forum and don't know if it's too late to add my thoughts. Use a Leapfrog and like it. Could learn to love it if:

+ Partial partial recording - to be able to record positional chases then overlay with colour/gobo etc

+ Individual speed control for live chases

+ Chases starting at step 1 and ending at last step unless told otherwise

+ individual wait/fade times for steps in chases

+ some sort of shape generator

+ submaster flash lights show state of submaster

Just adding my votes.

Any feedback as to which ideas are most likely to be implemented and maybe even when?

Thanks

Simon

Partial partial recording and improvements to the movement effects will be in release 7, currently undergoing beta testing. Watch the release notes section for further news. If you hunt around this forum, you'll see mention of your other suggestions too. Features get added according to the results of a clapometer style popularity contest, so get everyone you know with a Frog onto this forum supporting your cause! We like suggestions which contain phrases like "I'd buy 10 times as many, including dimmers to go with them, if it did..." !!

• 3 months later...
Hi all. Have just joined this forum and don't know if it's too late to add my thoughts. Use a Leapfrog and like it. Could learn to love it if:

+ Partial partial recording - to be able to record positional chases then overlay with colour/gobo etc

+ Individual speed control for live chases

+ Chases starting at step 1 and ending at last step unless told otherwise

+ individual wait/fade times for steps in chases

+ some sort of shape generator

+ submaster flash lights show state of submaster

Just adding my votes.

Any feedback as to which ideas are most likely to be implemented and maybe even when?

Thanks Simon

Apologies for the delay, some of your suggestions have already been addressed, but here is the current state of affairs:

Partial recording down to attribute level - implemented in Version 7.

Live adjustment of chase speed on Playback X - Frog Reference No 5152 - to be reviewed.

Live adjustment of chase modifiers on Submasters - Frog Reference No 5364 - to be reviewed.

N shot chases (run once or a specified number of times) - Frog Reference No 5241 - to be reviewed.

Individual wait/fade/dwell times for steps in chases - Frog Reference No 5347 - to be reviewed.

Movement Effects Generator - extended and improved in Version 7.

Submaster flash lights show state of submaster - I thought they already did :?

The yellow LED is on when the submaster is fading up/down; the yellow LED flashes when submaster is outputting data from a different page (Page overlay)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace