Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Dimming intel fixtures w/submasters up / and Bonus

Aldrin

Situation is to save my scene.....then during show... "live" manual edit of independent fixtures brightness per performer rider.....utilizing the Coemar Panorama Cyc 250, and Robe 575 XT Moving Heads. ( Zero 88 support said use Partial Mode) Nope! This does not work.....

and a bonus question:

Why in the World .....can we say on a very "value priced" conrtroller, you can edit fade rates "live" between scenes with a manual fader control ....and this is not possible when programming submasters??????? :x :x :x or is there a trick???? AND I AM NOT SPEAKING ABOUT PRE-PROGRAMMED FADE TIMES IN MEMORIES. It just does not make sense a cheap controller has this function and the Froggies DO NOT.......HELP ME PLEASE! :mrgreen: There has to be a way!!

Thanks and Peace!

Situation is to save my scene.....then during show... "live" manual edit of independent fixtures brightness per performer rider.....utilizing the Coemar Panorama Cyc 250, and Robe 575 XT Moving Heads. ( Zero 88 support said use Partial Mode) Nope! This does not work.....

I'm not quite sure I fully understand what you are trying to achieve here :?

Where is the 'scene' actually saved - is it to a memory on the memory stack (playback X), directly onto a submaster, or as a memory transferred to a submaster ?

If you want live control of a fixture's brightness then you can always record that fixture directly onto a submaster and use the submaster fader to adjust the brightness level of the fixture. With the desk in partial mode, ensure that the required fixture(s) are NOT tagged and then only the brightness will be recorded.

Don't forget that brightness is mixed HTP, so if the brightness was for example 30% in the memory on the playback X, you could adjust the fixture brightness above 30% from the submaster but not below.

Why in the World .....can we say on a very "value priced" conrtroller, you can edit fade rates "live" between scenes with a manual fader control ....and this is not possible when programming submasters??????? :x :x :x or is there a trick???? AND I AM NOT SPEAKING ABOUT PRE-PROGRAMMED FADE TIMES IN MEMORIES. It just does not make sense a cheap controller has this function and the Froggies DO NOT.......HELP ME PLEASE! :mrgreen: There has to be a way!!

Again, I am not following what you are asking for here :?

When playing back memories on the playback X you are fading from the current to the next memory using the programmed fade times. The override control , which is part of the playback X controls can be used to slow down or speed up this transition if you wish.

When a memory is on a submaster, the submaster controls both the fade up and fade down of that one memory only - there is no transition to another memory. On submasters - you can set the fade times to desired values then just quickly move the fader from zero - full or vice versa and let the desk do a smooth fade - or if you want manual control of the fade, set the fade times to zero and move the submaster fader at the required speed.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace