Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

movinghead position chase lag??

maclite

I have a made a postitionchase for movinghead 2 step chase from point A to B. I've finely got the speed and the endmarks as i want. just one problem i can't figure out..

i run a scen or something, then i wan't to run my chase.. the head moves to the starting position A, very slow (i have figured out that i had to change the snap/fade settings there) it stucks on step A in the chase for servals seconds then it starts to move to point B and go just fine as i want between piont A and B.

where comes this lag from when i press go i want my chase to start chasing not stuck in the start position A for couple of seconds and then start to move.

i'm missing something, kinda hard to do nice things when you got a huge lag.. hope you understand.. it's hard to explain.. strange thing it's not a lag when it finely start to chasing.. goes real nice between position A and B.. just that it does'nt start when you press the go or sub sx.. well it's start and go to the first step position A but there it's waiting for something before it's start the chase..

Have you tried playing with the LTP fade time on the cue? I haven't tried this out, but it would seem that something there is delaying the start. It would certainly explain the slow movement into Position A. Do you have any need for a slow intensity fade up either? If so, have you considered making it a two stage cue - stage one is a scene memory which moves the head into Position A in xx seconds, and stage two is your chase memory which triggers automatically when stage one is complete? That could help you get around it.

Peter Kirkup

You could also alter your P/T speed for the first step (this is not the chase speed)

I often change the P/T speed to give 'movement times' to my position-pallet

eg:

pallet #1: position A with P/T speed set to 0 -> as fast as possible to pos. A

pallet #13: position A with P/T speed set to 60 ->to pos. A in 5 seconds

pallet #25: position A with P/T speed set to 100 ->to pos. A in 10 seconds

depends on what fixtures you're using.

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design

You could also alter your P/T speed for the first step (this is not the chase speed)

I often change the P/T speed to give 'movement times' to my position-pallet

eg:

pallet #1: position A with P/T speed set to 0 -> as fast as possible to pos. A

pallet #13: position A with P/T speed set to 60 ->to pos. A in 5 seconds

pallet #25: position A with P/T speed set to 100 ->to pos. A in 10 seconds

depends on what fixtures you're using.

smart thing.. haven't been comduckable with de desk and pallets yet.. but begining to see the value of using them..

the lag may coming from that there's dubbel movement with time?? first move to the chase start position and starting the chase with slowmoment same position (it's already there so that's why it's "waiting") have to try that out asap.

Hi,

the LTP Fade time is to create slow fixture movements by stepping thru the memories. If LTP fade is set to i.e. 00.03.00 then a movement takes 3 sec

another movement programmed in a chasestep is blocked by the LTP fade too so it is nessesary to set your LTP fade to 00.00.00

P/T speed is a dadicated fixture feature so some of the fixtures dosn´t have it. In this case it is recommanded to set the chase attack modifier for Pos to

<fade>

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone