Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Up/Down Fade Linked

NPhillips

To save time, if the up and down fade times are the same (as default), changing the up time should automatically alter the down time to be the same. This saves with not having to enter two times for every memory. To then create a split time, one would set the down time (which does not effect the up time), this breaks the link between the up/down times until they once again matched, where upon they become linked once again.

One of the expansion keys should be made into a time key. It follows the active memory, and cycles through all of the timing parameters of a memory beginning with the up time.

An interesting idea :idea:

While I take your point , there may be other users out there who will not want the fade down time adjusted automatically whenever they adjust the fade up time :(

Would you prefer an option in Desk Setup perhaps :?:

Interestingly, on the Cueline screen there is an extra box which does allow you to adjust the fade up and fade down times at the same time :)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

RE: expansion key

This is like adding the Rem Dim key... I would like to have one of the 6 currently blank "for future expansion" keys made into a timing key.

RE: linking fade time

Sure, it can be an option in the Setup, but it may not be necessary...

What I am thinking is that the up time is simply the leader; the user would set this time first:

- Up time: 12 (down time is now 12 as well)

Then, to create a different down time, one would set the down time:

- Down time: 6 (since I have defined a separate down time, the link between the up and the down is broken and now separate If I were to make the down time 12 again, the link would be restored, and the process could repeat.)

By setting the down time separate, one could keep the default up time and never have to define that if not necessary. Perhaps this is the setup choice... "define up or down time first?"

The "time" key would allow the user to toggle through all of the timing options in sequential order across the screen.

To set a cue's time in the syntax is a NECESSARY feature, and we are going to need a "time" key to do that. A slash key would be good as well, just to make Strand and Obsession users more comfortable. Although, one could use "and" just fine...

[save][memory][2][time][1][and][7][enter] would record the cue and time together with a split time of 1 up and 7 down.

[save][memory][2][time][1][enter] would record the cue and time together with a time of 1 up and 1 down.

RE: expansion key

This is like adding the Rem Dim key... I would like to have one of the 6 currently blank "for future expansion" keys made into a timing key.

Unfortunately, the six currently blank keys on the Illusion 500 have already been allocated functions for the additional moving light capability which we are currently developing.

Should have known 6 extra keys wouldn't be enough :!:

Bran Media | Myspace

To save time, if the up and down fade times are the same (as default), changing the up time should automatically alter the down time to be the same. This saves with not having to enter two times for every memory. To then create a split time, one would set the down time (which does not effect the up time), this breaks the link between the up/down times until they once again matched, where upon they become linked once again.

Illusion Reference No 4713 - Linking Fade Up and Fade Down times in Memories - to be reviewed.

Bran Media | Myspace