Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Program fly out

Guest HenrikH

Guest HenrikH

What´s the easiest way to program a "fly out" with the fatfrog?

I´d like to control it on a submaster and still be able to change color and beamshape using paletts and control the speed somehow.

Is there a way to do it like on the avo pearl or desks like it where you can put the current position at "0" and final position when the sub is at max and control the speed by moving the submaster fast or slow?

/HenrikH

The submaster fader position is only used to control the output level of the HTP channels (generic/dimmer channels and fixture brightness parameters).

Any LTP channels that are programmed in the channel data or transferred memory will be triggered when the sub fader reaches the LTP trigger level and then snap or fade to their final values in the channel or memory data.

A possible solution - You could try putting the start position of the fly-out on one submaster and the end position on another (it would have to be a scene memory transferred with time to get a smooth LTP transition from position 1 to position 2). Unfortunately the timing could not be controlled by the submaster fader, but then again you can't expect Porsche features on a Fiesta :wink:

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Guest HenrikH

I guess I could patch the tilt values of my moving heads to generic channels and then program a position on a submaster using the generic's. Am I correct to assume that the submaster only will send out values higher than the position that I have set on the sub? If it is so this will make me do the fly-out at the speed that I raise and lower the sub, right?

/HenrikH

You cannot patch generic channels and fixtures to the same DMX addresses.

If you patched a number of consecutive generic channels to those DMX channels used by the fixture, you could then control the fixture with the preset faders in the 'old fashioned' way, but all the parameters would then be treated as HTP and mixed accordingly.

Other fixture related functionality such as partial programming by fixture and attribute, palettes and movement effects can only be achieved using the fixtures section of the desk.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace