Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

editing memory fadetimes

iljan

Hi,

We just have our Leapfrog48, and everything workes fine except one thing:

After programming 4 memory's i tried to experiment with the fade in and out times.

Editing worked fine but when running the 'show' with the GO-button, only the fade-in times seem to work.

fade out times appear to be 0 sec. ( i put memorydefault fade times to 0.0)

Whem I shift-copy them to the submasters, the times seem to work fine (fader up brings fade in time, fader down brings fade out time) but that's no option for the show tomorrow

I also tried to update the memory's after editing times but that also didn't work

I'might be doing something wrong but don't know what... :unsure:

Please advise?! Maybe tell me steps for doing the time edits?

We have latest software installed 2.15

Manual didn't help me out

Hi iljan

Do you have a show file with the problem times we can look at?

Did you record the memories with Smart Tags enabled or disabled? With Cue Only enabled or disabled?

How are you adjusting the fade times? There are 3 ways...

Select the relevant time, press ENTER, enter the time, press ENTER

Select the relevant time and use the wheels to adjust

Select the relevant time and use + and - to adjust

Which method are you using? It might be worth trying another of them incase that is the problem.

Peter Kirkup

There is a subtle difference between the fade up/down times as used by the memory when played back on the memory stack and when playing it back on a submaster ... I think this is probably what has caused the confusion.

When playing back a memory on the memory stack ... the fadeup/down times always refer to what happens to the channels in the incoming memory. Channels that are fading up will do so in the fade up time; channels fading down will do so in the fade down time. For example:

Memory 1: Channels 1-6 all at 50%

Memory 2: Channels 1-2 @ 0; Channels 3-4 @ 50%; Channels 5-6 @ 100%; Fade up = 1 sec; Fade down = 5 sec.

When going from memory 1 to memory 2 it is both the fade up and fade down times defined in memory 2 that determine how the channels fade. Therefore ...

Channels 1-2 will fade to 0 in 5 secs.

Channels 3-4 will remain at 50%.

Channels 5-6 will fade up to 100% in 1 sec.

If any of the channels change value in memory 3, then the fade up and fade down times in memory 3 will determine the fades when you go to that memory.

When you transfer a memory onto a submaster, the fade up/down times are copied to the submaster fade up/down times and determine the fade times of the intensity channels when you raise and lower the submaster fader.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace