Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Few things...maybe some bugs :)

Bufalo

Hello!

I just bought a new Leap 48. Really a great machine!!!

Very easy to use and flexible once U realize few concepts (Smart Tag, Tracking...) ;)

After my first theatre show (some convenctionals and few led Moving H's) I have few questions and maybe suggestions:

- When I update a memory with a new dimmer channel, the last added never follows the fade out time. I have to retype it 2 times before it works (first time with a different value, then back with the one I need). Bug or option?

-Using a mouse, the scroll wheel doesn't work.

- Once installed an Italian Qwerty Keyboard i had to search the "@" key. I've found it on "shift-8" key but to find it I started pressing any key with "Shift" and "Ctrl" keys. In this last way I crashed the console a couple of times (ctrl-3 and ctrl-5).

We need a localized keyboard layout! :D

- Is there a way ti inhibit a channel(s) in a show?

Example:

The wind or a ghost move a spot before a show; I have no time to reposition it and we can't unplug it.

I don't want to erase it from the show because tomorrow I'll use it again. I just need to momentarily switch it off my memories....

- It would be nice to know how many times and in which memories a dimmer channel is used in a show.

- Printing capabilites!

Thanks a lot and compliments again for your work.

AleX Bufalini

Hello!

I just bought a new Leap 48. Really a great machine!!!

Very easy to use and flexible once U realize few concepts (Smart Tag, Tracking...) ;)

After my first theatre show (some convenctionals and few led Moving H's) I have few questions and maybe suggestions:

- When I update a memory with a new dimmer channel, the last added never follows the fade out time. I have to retype it 2 times before it works (first time with a different value, then back with the one I need). Bug or option?

There are a couple of small bugs related to the fade times of channels in updated memories - these will be fixed in the next update

-Using a mouse, the scroll wheel doesn't work.

This is something we're planning to add to a future update

- Once installed an Italian Qwerty Keyboard i had to search the "@" key. I've found it on "shift-8" key but to find it I started pressing any key with "Shift" and "Ctrl" keys. In this last way I crashed the console a couple of times (ctrl-3 and ctrl-5).

We need a localized keyboard layout! :D

Again, we're planning on adding localised keyboard layouts to a future update. What commands do Ctrl+3 and Ctrl+5 relate to on the keyboard?

- Is there a way ti inhibit a channel(s) in a show?

Example:

The wind or a ghost move a spot before a show; I have no time to reposition it and we can't unplug it.

I don't want to erase it from the show because tomorrow I'll use it again. I just need to momentarily switch it off my memories....

You can Topset channels in Edit Fixtures - select the channels you want, move to the topset tab and set the maximum value you want that channel to go to. This topset is applied at the output stage so won't affect your programming.

- It would be nice to know how many times and in which memories a dimmer channel is used in a show.

- Printing capabilites!

Thanks a lot and compliments again for your work.

AleX Bufalini

Both the reporting functions you're talking about are being planned for a future upgrade - watch this space :)

Hope this helps

Peter Kirkup