Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Some Software Feature requests

hwell

Hi there,

First of all... a very good, easy to understand console. I've done a show with it, about 2 hours after i saw it first! Nice work...

I've got some features that I would like to see in the next software release... hope you like them too.

- For RGB and CMY color mixing fixtures, maybe it's possible to add something like a color palette where you can pick a color. Like your color window in microsoft paint ;)

- Why not an option to change flash button mode per flash button? So when you set flash button mode to latch or something, you can apply this to any fader you want, and not to all or none...

- Submaster duplicates. So you can set some submasters to appear on more pages, like page 1 and 3. And when you change the submaster on page 1, page 3 is updated too... I would like this functionality because you have very few submasters (10) on the 48 version of the console... and you can access an important submaster on several pages...

Thanks in forward

(Sorry for my english... I'm dutch)

• 5 months later...
- Submaster duplicates. So you can set some submasters to appear on more pages, like page 1 and 3. And when you change the submaster on page 1, page 3 is updated too... I would like this functionality because you have very few submasters (10) on the 48 version of the console... and you can access an important submaster on several pages...

This is a fantastic idea. i really wish i could have this "duplicate" feature.

i currently have only been able to keep my important faders like this open on all of the other screens so that i don't "over ride" something on a different sub. very annoying eliminating 30% of my submaster faders in the fashion but its the only way i have been able to find.

This is a fantastic idea. i really wish i could have this "duplicate" feature.

i currently have only been able to keep my important faders like this open on all of the other screens so that i don't "over ride" something on a different sub. very annoying eliminating 30% of my submaster faders in the fashion but its the only way i have been able to find.

Try this:

If necessary update to Version 4 and use the "Release" Feature in the Submaster Setup (Setup+Submaster Flash button).

If you enable this then use the submaster once - the Submaster is now present on every page until you press clear + Sub.Flashbutton, even if its position is zero.

Try this:

If necessary update to Version 4 and use the "Release" Feature in the Submaster Setup (Setup+Submaster Flash button).

If you enable this then use the submaster once - the Submaster is now present on every page until you press clear + Sub.Flashbutton, even if its position is zero.

Or else program your scene onto a memory and transfer it to the submasters!!!