Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Submaster Controls interval

WeirdProfessor

Hi there

I wish to be able to control gobo rotation on a submaster fader. No problem, I program the gobo rotation to the submaster, go to the submaster setup and mark 'Beamshape' in the 'Submaster Controls...'

However my Clay Paky Alpha Spot 575 HPE's have gobo indexing at 0-127 of the gobo rotation channel and rotation from 128-255.

As far as I can see, I can only set the top interval (e.g. 0-60%), but not an interval like (50%-100%).

Do you have a solution or is it a possible new feature?

Looking forward to seeing you at PLASA.

Bo, Scenelys.dk

The Submaster Controls function controls the crossfade from the 'current' value to the 'new' value (the one programmed on the submaster). Therefore if the Rotation is set to (say) 50%, and you have it programmed on the submaster at 60%, the fader will provide 10% of the channel as control. So, the simplest solution is to set a 'base' value (either through modifying the default value, or programming another submaster) as well as the submaster you programmed... this should give you the control you desire.

Look forward to seeing you at PLASA too - Stand A80!

Peter

Peter Kirkup