Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Submaster problems

hwell

Hello Everybody,

I've got an issue with my submasters and with my clear button. I do the following.

I have programmed a submaster with the intensity to FF for all my intelligent lights. (4 washes and 2 heads). When I open this submaster my lights go on or off.. That's what I want.

But if i only want to control the intensity of 2 of the fixtures, I press fixtures, choose the right ones using my MFK's, and roll the intensity wheel.

The problem is: My submaster with the intensity isn't working anymore. The problem gets fixed by pressing the clear button, but when I do that -> all my lights go off. Is there another way to solve this? Without using the clear button?

Thanks in Forward

Your fixtures are still tagged in the program Windows. That's the reason why the submaster values are "ignored".

When you press clear, the channels (including the intensity) are untagged and you can use the submaster fader.

My first thought was to hold the clear button an move the wheel - this should untag the channel and you can use the submaster fader.

But your Problem still exists. Is this intended by the developers or a bug?

I think the best solution in any way is to program your other lights to memories or other submaster fader, then you can press clear as often you want...

Best regards

Christian