Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Programming a Chase on a Submaster

robert morley

I have i big problem,

i am working for a show and have been landed with the lights because our lamipe has walked out.

Cn somebody please -e-mail me on the following e-mail address how to programme a chase to a submaster please.

can you also do it in laymans terms because i am thick.

Bsicly i need a chace from the moles (blinders) from left to right i have all ready put them in to the faders on the top row, so i have 4 blinders in the desk on diffrent channels so please help.

Ps its a fat frog.

julie.marsden3@ntlworld.com

PPS i am not able to check this website today so this is why i have asked you kind people to e-mail me

thanks in advance.

Rob.

Not sure if anyone emailed you the other day, most of the Zero 88 team were at PLASA.

The basic steps to do what you want are:

- Select a blank memory. Hold the Memory Type button for a couple of seconds until the Chase LED next to it lights.

- Set up the look for your first step and press Program. Repeat for subsequent steps. Bear in mind when you proram a step it will output on the Playback X, so if you don't want this adding to subsequent steps, then lower the Playback X fader.

- When you're done, use the arrow keys to move down to the chase 'modifiers' (speed, direction etc) and the chase will run (make sure the Playback X fader is up now). Set the speed, direction etc, and then press Enter.

- Transfer the chase to a submaster using the Transfer No Time button.

If you need more specific details these are all in the manual, but hopefully the above will give you a brief overview of where you need to go.