Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

DMX saving

Arts Tech

I don't know if this is linked with my problem of desk crashes on chase, but anyway I set a scean with gen lighting through dimmers and DMX LED Par 56 on saving and running through the sceans the dmx side has not saved at all can anybody help (I have smart tag on I know this is going to be something sillybut eresopnce would be greatful

Simon

Arts Tech Salisbury High school

Hi Arts Tech

The fixtures you've provided on the desk have 5 channels - Intensity, Ch2, Ch3, Ch4, Ch5. My guess is that you're not programming the Intensity channel at a non-zero value. With Smart Tag enabled, any zero intensity fixtures are NOT stored into cues, to help "move on dark" work correctly.

What are the 5 channels on the fixture? It would make sense to modify your fixture profile so that it is correctly labelled, as this will allow you to use things like the Colour Picker and Auto Palettes with your LED fittings.

I hope this helps to explain what you're seeing,

Regards,

Peter Kirkup