Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Video implementation + LightConverse

chw

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right board to post such a topic - if it's not please move or delete.

I want to add some media stuff like videos, animated pictures or live cameras to a light show, so I'm looking for a program for "VJs".

The Screens are on stage, the video projectors too.

We are talking about small shows, like cover bands up to 48 Dimmerchannels and 8-16 Movinglights,

so there is no huge budget and no need for the "real big professional" Media Engines as they were used in television or

on huge stages.

The Computer ("Media Server") should be placed on stage - so that the signal cabels are as short as possible.

Therefore I want to remote control the Server with the leapfrog48, for playing back some videos or fade in a live camera.

For "maintenance" there is a remote desktop connection like VNC to the Stage.

The program should be able to receive Artnet and it should be possible to integrate it into or connect it with LighConverse (Zero88 Edition) for

pre-programing. More than one video out (secondary graphic card) is not necessary but would be a nice option.

Operating System: doesn't matter.

Any proposals or ideas how to to this?

Thanks in advance

PS: My actual favorite is Arkaos.

Hi chw

That does sound like a perfect application for Arkaos, although if you're looking for integration to LightConverse then Hippotizer has a direct (ethernet) link to Light Converse. For that you'll need the Light Converse Unlimited dongle though. Take a look at the new version of Arkaos - MediaMaster - which is designed specifically for Theatre Lighting Designers, as well.

Peter Kirkup

Hi chw

That does sound like a perfect application for Arkaos, although if you're looking for integration to LightConverse then Hippotizer has a direct (ethernet) link to Light Converse. For that you'll need the Light Converse Unlimited dongle though. Take a look at the new version of Arkaos - MediaMaster - which is designed specifically for Theatre Lighting Designers, as well.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look on both, especially the new Arkaos MediaMaster Version.

The Arkaos DMX Version looks also suitable.

Fortunately there are free demo versions of both Arkaos versions, so I can try the basics before I spend any money.