Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Effect Engine Offset

chw

Hello,

I tried to create some effects with the "new" effect engine window, but there is something that's a little bit confusing to me.

Maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong...

So I'm able to add a Offset to every parameter in the effect windows - but not a clearly defined "Phase" or "Angel" between the different Fixtures.

One Example: a row of Movinglight, I select all pan or tilt and enter "sine" as effect.

Now all Heads moving up and down. To create a "wave" I choose a fanning like "Fan first" and move the wheel for Offset.

That works.

Now I choose another row of heads and I want them to do the same Wave with the same "Phase shifting" angle like sin(Phi).

Thats something impossible - because the Display shows any (random?) Numbers but not a useful information to set the same "shifted" Offset as

in the row before..

A additional column in the effect Window "Angle" could be the solution. Of course I know that I can select the "+90;+180 effects...)- but this needs a lot of time to do this for every Head in the row.

At the moment I try to figure out how to program effects on some led bars, each of them is controlled via 7 different rgb Fixtures with a virtual intensity.

The problem is to create an effect that does the same on all bars "synchronous", like a chaser from one segment of the bar to the next one and so on.

Therefore I need a fixed "angle" for the "offset-fanning", because I have to create one effect for each bar if I want them to do the same kind of effect,

but I don't know how to do it.

Thanks for reading.

Best regards

Christian