Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Cue times

Brian Eades

Hi Peter,

I think I discussed this with you before.

When a touring company come to our venue,and get round to putting say 80 memories in the desk.We set the stage, record as cue 1,then say cue 8,cue15 etc.Then set up another state record as cue 2 cue 10 cue 19 etc.so on until 80 cues are progammed into the desk.

Problem is each block of cues with the same state after the first cue no times are recorded and you cannot put the times in after(unles there is a way.

I have found a way round this problem set up each batch with a dimmer(not being used)in or out this recordes the default time.

I understand the fact that because the perameters have not moved no time will appear.Thats why I fool it by inputting a phantom dimmer.

Is there a way around this.

Another feature you might consider is a notification of time set on the manual overide Knob

Many Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian

Have you considered recording each of these "states" to a submaster and then building the show sequentially by bringing up/down the submasters as required. As I explained when I visited the desk is only recording changes between cues, so you really do have to work sequentially through the show for the correct data to be recorded each time.

I hope this helps,

Peter

Peter Kirkup