Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Rainbow Par Can's

Adam Coppard

Hi folks,

I've recently obtained a quote from a company to take some Rainbow Par's and a Leap Frog 48 console, but wondered how the console is going to handle them? I know I should have asked them, but going to the console makers seemed like a better idea ;-)

Will each of the different colour lanterns just be handled like any normal generic fixture, or will it have a 'personality' as such, so that in depth colour mixing, like you would on an LED, for example, can take place?

Many thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam, and welcome to the forum.

The Rainbow Pars will patch in as an "RGB Dimmer" which means you will get 4 control wheels on the desk - Red, Green, Blue and Dimmer. These are accessible on the Multi Function Keys, which can also be used for the auto-generated palettes or using the on-screen colour picker.

I hope this helps - let us know how you get on with the desk and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Peter Kirkup

Hi Adam

Having taken a bit more of a look at the user manual for the fixture, it uses a funny sequence for its channels (Blue, Red, Green) rather than the conventional Red, Green, Blue.

Therefore I have attached a modified fixture profile for you to use with this fixture. You can load this into the desks using the Add Fixtures screen in Setup.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Moderation: Topic moved to Leap Frog 48 & 96 forum.

rainbowpar.ift

Peter Kirkup

Many thanks for this Peter, I'll load it on to the desk as soon as I get it. I'm just wandering if it will come with a fixture file for a certain moving light (yes, it's disco based, but the director doesn't care!).

I shall let you know how I get on with it. I took a quick look at the OLE, and as we have an Alcora, I'm expecting it to be really similar, just with the moving light and submasters added (as well as many other things I'm sure I'll soon find).

Thanks for the help.