Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

SmartTag = ON -> Intensity from LTP Fixtures not recorded to submaster memories

chw

Hello,

Version 5.2.2 Really nice - good job.

Everything seems now to be as excepted.

After the update smart Tag was enabled and I forgot to switch it off.

So I started programming, first the Submaster memories with simple htp one channel generic fixtures.

All intensity parameters were stored.

The next step - programming the ltp Fixtures (Mfk buttons and some on the presets) all parameters were stored - excepted the intensity.

I was not able to figure out why, because the intensity of the ltp fixtures was stored in the "normal" memories, but not in the submaster memories.

The generic htp intensities are stored in the submaster as well as in the memories.

Disabling the smart tag function was the solution. So my question is - what did I wrong?

This is not a urgent issue, I don't like the smart tag function so I normally do not use it,

but I spend 30 min. to figure out what the cause of this is issue is... ;-)

Thanks in advance

regards

Christian

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Peter,

I used some "LED bars" and 24 conventional dimmer channels.

For those LED bars I assigned something about 60 "self made 4 channel RGB" fixtures with virtual intensity plus some additional control

fixtures for general functions.

I think the virtual intensity could be the cause of the issue, but I have no time at the moment to

run any tests. Next weekend I will get back to this topic, then I could also send you the fixture files if needed.

regards

Christian