Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Wish list

masonpendrey

I have spoken to Peter at ABTT about this and would just like to push it as this would so help me.

Please could we look in to giving me a specials page that would give me a 1 to 1 dmx. It would just need to be 512 boxes on the touch screen, for each universe so i could just flash the dimmer.

So when I go in to a venue with a show and they are not sure of their dimmer numbers I can just flash a dimmer without having to patch it to an empty channel to flash it. This would save a lot of time. :D

It would be so nice to be able to use the command line to call up dimmers not channels, but I know this will never happen. :(

The update I got to enable me to carry on using my windows remote lets me log on to the desk but when I try to change anything it loses connection with the desk and will not let me log on again till I have turned the pda off then on. Is this a desk thing or pda? It worked fine before the update. :huh:

Many Thanks Mason

Hi Mason,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please could we look in to giving me a specials page that would give me a 1 to 1 dmx. It would just need to be 512 boxes on the touch screen, for each universe so i could just flash the dimmer.

So when I go in to a venue with a show and they are not sure of their dimmer numbers I can just flash a dimmer without having to patch it to an empty channel to flash it. This would save a lot of time. :D

I've added this to the list for consideration in a future software release - ZOS-issue number ZOS-3087.

It would be so nice to be able to use the command line to call up dimmers not channels, but I know this will never happen. :(

Why not? Also added! ZOS-3088

The update I got to enable me to carry on using my windows remote lets me log on to the desk but when I try to change anything it loses connection with the desk and will not let me log on again till I have turned the pda off then on. Is this a desk thing or pda? It worked fine before the update. :huh:

Added to the bug list as High Priority. ZOS-3089. Which model PDA are you using, and which version of ZerOS are you running on the desk? (Set Up > Files > Desk Information > Software Version).

Many Thanks,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mason,

If you enable the 'Show command line' feature under Special Page 2, you can use backspace to undo channel adjustment events. This will not, however, undo record/copy/delete/update actions. We have discussed adding a further undo function but this is still on the list for future consideration at this stage.

I hope this helps,

Peter

Peter Kirkup