Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Cooper Controls release Level 6 Android Remote

Kirkup_xp

Cooper Controls are pleased to announce the launch of their new Android Remote for Level 6. Following the fantastic feedback for their ZerOS Remote for Android application launched last month, Zero 88 have developed a method for controlling their entry level control product, the Level 6 DMX, using an Android mobile device.

post-104-0-35118700-1301640230_thumb.jpg

The Level 6 Android Remote enables control of channels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, together with a Grand Master function. As an added feature, controls on the Level 6 Android Remote go to 11, for when you need that extra brightness.

As the Level 6 DMX does not support networking, the engineers at Cooper Controls have designed a method for communicating between the Level 6 and the Android tablet. This new technology, known internally as the Human Android Neurological Device (H.A.N.D.), provides the optimum interface for linking the operator directly to the Level 6 DMX. An expandable design, multiple H.A.N.D.s can be utilised to grow your system to control more lights, along with multiple Level 6s. For professional lighting designers, an accessory for H.A.N.D. has been developed – the Growing Lx Operators Vast Ego (G.L.O.V.E.). By using G.L.O.V.E, professional designers can take a truly ‘H.A.N.Ds off’ approach.

For extremely large systems, it may be preferable to order an Android Sustaining Support Instance (Student) To Automate Neurological Transfer (A.S.S.I.S.T.A.N.T.) to provide a distance between the Android and the Level 6. A.S.S.I.S.T.A.N.Ts are now available from all major drama colleges, and come with a 3 year ‘return to base’ warranty. In the event of malfunction, simply send your A.S.S.I.S.T.A.N.T. back to their origin for reprogramming.

You can download the Level 6 Android remote from the Android Marketplace from April 1st.

Peter Kirkup