Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

DMX patch

Paul J

:? where i work, we have two large studios which open into a single small arena. i'm using the two seperate universes on my bullfrog as different DMX patches, with A providing control over all dimmer channels for the rig (arena), while B is set to provide control over the latter part of the rig which becomes studio 2 when divided (this means i can use dimmers 49-96 as channels 1-48). When i was setting this up i found i could not get the dmx to assign automatically to universe B, and had to manually tap through endlessly to get the addresses i wanted. It did it for A, why couldnt i do it for the second patch??? also, the desk did not seem to scroll thru the addresses, i just had to keep on hitting the button. im gonna need a new one soon if i carry on like that:? pj

Paul,

The new version of software that is due for release soon, has key board entry for all numeric fields this includes DMX patch, so that will make life easier.

On the current desk software if you are in manual patch mode the edit button will enable you to jump between the universes with out scrolling through.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

Zero 88 Support: support@zero88.com

Paul,

The Edit button also switches between universe A and B in autopatch 8)

In the new version of software it is also possible to select a range of generic channels or fixtures for patching using the press and hold the first and press the last technique.

This should make DMX patching a piece of pizza :P

Cheers, K-Nine.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Thanx for the info guys, i sussed switching universes with edit but it would always start at B097 because we had patched a001- a096, but i wanted B049,B050 etc - numeric pad entry would definitely solve this.

ps ran my first programmed show on the frog yesterday- dream come true.... i'll keep u posted! 8)