Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

xls colour control problem

timwall

Our xls has a problem in the colour control section - ie. setting up say, page 1, buttons 1-3, 5 - 6 operate but if 4 is operated it just defaults back to prog 1, indicators flash for a second and setting one activates. This happens in any page setup. Any suggestions - faulty push button perhaps? or something more serios - we can live with it but it is a pain.

Sounds like a fault in the buttons address decoding. Have you noticed if any of the other buttons also do this most likely to be the channel flash buttons i.e. press button 3 but it thinks button 1 is being pushed.

If not then it may be a case of getting the PCB cleaned in case dirt has got into it and is shorting out something.

If you have spotted other buttons that are doing this it could indicate that there is a problem with one of the IC which will then require the desk to be looked at.

If you can e-mail me at krogers@zero88.com I can give you a bit more information and so suggestions on how to test if other buttons are not working as well.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

Zero 88 Support: support@zero88.com