Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Desk "forgets" Time,Date, Patch,...

chw

Hello Zero88,

I don't know if I am in the right part of the Forum,

maybe it's a bug or my desk is broken "out of the box" or the things

i describe below are "hidden Features" ;-)

Last Week I got my (new) LeapFrog 48. One of the first things I had done

was a update to the current software release as described and published on zero88.com. Successfully.

After the first Show I wonder a little about some facts or let’s say

I’ am a little bit disappointed.

First of all: The desk "forgets" the actual Date+Time, DMX Patch and Monitor calibration after turning of the power switch on the back. Is there no internal Battery? The desk is new, so when there is one, is it empty or is there any internal protection I have to remove?

Other oddities:

Is there no internal Memory to save the actual show on the Desk?

After the boot sequence the submaster labels still exist - but the rest of the show?

If the USB Stick (the zero88 one) is plugged, the console tries to boot from the stick.

Is it possible to change the boot sequence?

Thank you in advance for reading.

Best regards from Germany

Christian

Hi Christian

This sounds like there may be a problem with the battery inside the desk, as this battery backs up the NVR and keeps the clock running. This will have been fitted and checked at the factory so the only thing I can think of is that somehow the battery has run flat very quickly or that it has become loose somehow. As a quick check if you boot the desk into TEST mode by holding down SETUP whilst the desk boots, you'll be able to perform an NVR test (button in the "other tests" tab) - this will let you know whether the memory itself is working correctly.

The battery is very easy to replace on the main board inside the desk and is available from most standard electrical wholesalers. Your desk will still be covered by warranty so please feel free to get in touch with the distributor who you bought the desk from to arrange a repair.

The normal behaviour is that your show file would be stored on the desk itself when you power off the console, so you shouldn't be seeing any data being lost. We don't offer hard-drive like show file storage on the desk, it's only the current show file which is stored on the desk itself. The boot sequence of the console always looks for the USB drive first due to the software upgrade mechanism using the USB sticks to perform the upgrade.

Hope this helps,

Peter

Peter Kirkup

• 1 month later...

Hello from an italian new user!!

Got the same problem here:

brand new Leap 48 forgets everything I do after a reboot.

I tried the NVR test u mentioned before but the result gives me 680600 errors. :(

Any advice before I return the console to italian dealer?

Thank you!

AleX