Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Desk crashed three times complette

DBA

Hello

I have a problem with our Leap Frog 48.

The desk has in the last four month three complete software or hardware crashes.

The first crash was in the middle of a concert. I don't know what I have done, but the desk stop any operation. I have press some keys but the desk to nothing.

After the reboot of the desk, every memory were empty. All stored scenes, memories, user fixtures and the complete DMX patch were deleted.

After this crash the the desk works normal at the next production's.

One month later I have the same problem.

After this crash the desk works also normal.

And after the second crash I've installed the new software release 6.

With the hope that the problem go away

And now last week I have start the desk and everything works normal. But after six hours I must disconnected the power line and want to start the desk new. The desk starts normal but after the start up procedure the TFT screen were black with an Black white X in the middle of the screen. The desk doesn't want to jump into the operation system. I have disconnected every connected line and starts the desk new but the desk doesn't want to start the operation system.

After some reboot tests, I starts to installed the desk operation system new. After this the desk starts normal and jump into the operation system.

But now I have the problem that the Desk is permanent overloaded.

If I starts an scene with many movements and colour changes. And I want to press an Key of desk, the desk starts the selected operation only with an delay or he to nothing.

From the last crash I have the debug report.

Can some one say me what kind of problem this is?

Best regards

Dirk

debug.dat

Hi BDA,

Thanks for all that information and the debug file - I will pass this onto our software team.

For now, I suggest saving your show onto a memory stick, and then doing a full reset of the desk. This is inside SETUP > CLEAR OPTIONS > and then Reset Desk whilst holding down shift. The console will ask you to confirm if this is what you really want to do, and then it will ask you to turn the console off and back on again.

After this, try reloading your show file and seeing if you still experience problems.

Many Thanks

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control