Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Problem with Run mode and on board screens

EBennett2014

Hello,

hope someone can help as I cant get through to the ZERO88 help.

I have a jester ml and have come in this morning to find it wont go into run mode and the screens have lost all backlight power (I can see the text dimly)

Had the mother board replaced about a year ago

can anyone help??

Ive check all the settings and its not that

cheers

Unplug anything you have plugged in to the USB ports and try replacing the internal battery. The USB ports can only deliver a certain amount of electric power - it's enough to energise a memory stick but not all USB keyboards and mice are equal...

If the internal battery is flat then the onboard memory corrupts and that can also cause startup issues - the battery is a CR2032 available almost anywhere nowadays and you only need a pozidrive crosshead screwdriver to open the case.

Turn the desk over on something soft - undo the screws running along the top edge and bottom edge then gently lift the case up - you'll see the mainboard in the bottom of the case and the battery will look like the new one you bought. Be careful when remove the old battery - too rough and you'll break the retaining clip for the cell. All told - should take about 15 minutes.

Ian Knight aka The Service Guy - www.serviceguy.co.uk