Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Adjust palette fade time for live show

Simonkbike

I'm playing a live music show for first time; I usually run a fully programmed cue stack for theatrical productions. Following Ed's advice in video training for "Limited programming time", I have recorded an intensity-only playback and intend to switch colours & position using palettes.

At 24:15 in video (using an FLX desk), Ed puts "Programmer time" on a spare playback to adjust the fade time between palettes. I've recorded this option to a playback on my Solution but it has no effect when I select a new colour or position palette.

Can this fade time be adjusted on Solution desk?  Even setting it to a single, longer value would help.

NB. emailed this to support as didn't know forum was back working but think they must be busy.

Cheers,

Simon

Addendum:

Jon's technique works fine and would be required if you need to adjust fade time during the show, but it blocks a Playback fader. 

I went back to the Solution manual (Yes, I know. RTFM first!) and found we have a Time key above the display screen which does the same thing.  Set the fade time on the Specials MFK page, then hold the Time key when you press the palette (colour, effect, position) and it will fade in over the set time.

• Like 1