Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Frog ift

andygwk121

Hi all im having a slight problem with getting personality on to the fat frog. the fixture file you down load from zero 88 is a .ift file but it wont let you edit it int he fixture type editor as its not editable by users. it also wont load in the commen fixture editor. and to get it on to the frog I need it in a Cft file. I have created the personalitys for 2 movers but I would like to beable to load the martin mini mac personalys off the downloaded fixture file from zero 88.

as I need them on flopy for tommrow morning dose any one have any ideas?

Thanks Andy

Hi Andy,

In the Common Fixture Manager you can have a maximum of 20 fixture personalities. If you go into the Common fixture template that you get when you download the Zero88 fixture library and delete some of the personalities that you do not require, by 'right clicking' and select 'delete', you can then 'right click' and 'insert' personalities that you have made. You can also 'insert' the appropriate personality from the Zero88 Library by selecting that file instead. Then save the file to your floppy and load it into your FatFrog.

Hope this helps mate.

Gordo

You can never have too much fun!

You can assign User Fixture Types directly from a floppy disk without needing to create and load a Common Fixture Types (CFT) file. You can have your own fixture files plus the master library on the same floppy disk, the desk will ask you which file to use when you assign a fixture from floppy disk.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

New to Fat Frog struggling with loading ELUMEN EIGHT as CFT have managed to load to diak but the desk is not recognising it.

I seemed to have loaded LED 64's OK. NEED SUPPORT URGENTLY> Thanks in advance.

Could it be that I'm missing something simple? iS A COMMON fixture file once you have imported it to the flopp[y Which format shouls it be saved as *cft or what?