Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Save and export fixtures

cking

Hi there,

We are looking at updating ZerOS on our FLXS 48. Currently it is running OS version 7.8.1.2 and software version 7.9.2.60. I am worried about updating the software in case we lose all the fixture information as it was setup by a former member of staff, is there away of saving a file of the fixtures and what channels they are assigned to?

I know how to export a show but not 100% sure if the fixture information will be saved as well?

Cheers,

Cam

Welcome!

Yes the fixture information and the patch will be saved in the showfile.

However you are a very long way behind on ZerOS versions - lots of things have changed since 7.9.2.60 (which sounds like the ZerOS version the desk came installed with) particularly with regard to colour emitter support in fixtures.

Having said that, the user interface doesn't look much different overall so you won't be faced with a console you don't recognise!

Latest ZerOS is 7.13.

• Thanks 1

hi Cam,

As Kgallen has mention the fixtures patching along with the programmed information are save as part of the show file.

You will find the Save option in setup > save, or by tapping the Z/shift button and selecting the Save Show tab.

To confirm it is saved if you then go to the load option in setup you will see it in the list.

if you want to send the show file to me i can look at convert it to the latest format for you.

• Thanks 1

Regards,

Keith Rogers

Zero 88 Support: support@zero88.com

1 hour ago, cking said:

Keith, that would be really helpful if you are able to convert the show file. I will send it over later this afternoon.

It's probable Keith will map your fixtures over to the latest library fixtures. When you upgrade ZerOS and load this new showfile, I would advise flicking though your cue list live and checking that you get the expected results. Fixture manufacturers aren't always great at keeping their documentation up to date, and fixture firmware moves on. So there is the slight chance there is a difference to what you have hung (although in my experience they are usually inconsequential). But you want to find that out at a time not in the middle of a show!

• Like 1