Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Moving Lights Disappear in Run Mode...

CallumAllan

Information: Jester ML v3.3 connected with 24/48

4x Clay Paky - Alpha Spot 300

At our school, when we program in moving lights we find that they often disappear in Run Mode. You press play and the only thing that works in the static lights. The dimmer disappears along with other things like gobo, prism, colour, position etc. (they often take it in turns)

It does it in chases and a step.

Can anyone please tell me whats wrong? They have done this for like a year now but I have got to a point where they fail me.

I am quite new to the zero 88 boards aswell.

Thanks,

Callum Allan

Dingwall Academy

Jester ML v3.3 winged with Jester 24/48 v3.4

48x 1 Channel Fixtures

• 2 months later...

I'm not an ML expert - I've only trained folk on the base Jester but it sounds like a 'tagging' issue whereby values you set for gobo's and colour end up tracking in to subsequent cues.

Essentially, you need to tell the desk explicitly what you want onstage for the cue where you want a plain strobe, without 'tagging' you'd see a lot of unnecessary movement on fixtures as values changed between states that didn't really need to.

Have a read of the Jester ML manual around page 36 it might cause you to have a 'lightbulb moment'.

Ian Knight aka The Service Guy - www.serviceguy.co.uk

I'm not an ML expert - I've only trained folk on the base Jester but it sounds like a 'tagging' issue whereby values you set for gobo's and colour end up tracking in to subsequent cues.

Essentially, you need to tell the desk explicitly what you want onstage for the cue where you want a plain strobe, without 'tagging' you'd see a lot of unnecessary movement on fixtures as values changed between states that didn't really need to.

Have a read of the Jester ML manual around page 36 it might cause you to have a 'lightbulb moment'.

Thanks alot! you are the most helpful person I know, although I am still slightly confused I get what its saying. I will have a go on sunday and let you know if this helped.

Thanks again,

Callum

Jester ML v3.3 winged with Jester 24/48 v3.4

48x 1 Channel Fixtures